Line Manager: Group Trading Manager
Key Relationships: Marketing Services Team; Customer Experience Team; Product & Innovation Team; Supply Chain; Senior Digital Marketing Manager; Group Sales Manager; Data & Analytics Manager; Business Development Team.
About Poole Bay Holdings
We are leading marketers and manufacturers of a diverse range of products for businesses, schools and government organisations. Established in 1993, Poole Bay Holdings extensive product range includes; Hot/Cold Therapy, First Aid Supplies and Fire/Safety Signs to Outdoor Furniture, Cycle Racks/Shelters and Parking Products. Based in beautiful Poole, Dorset with 100,000 square feet of warehouse, factory and office space, we employ a team of over 200 fantastic people. We offer a friendly, and dynamic place to work where our people are empowered and motivated to innovate and make a difference.
If you are smart and passionate about what you do, we want to meet you!
What we can offer you:
- Hybrid working after probation (3 days in office; 2 days at home), subject to line manager agreement
- 25 days holiday (including Christmas closure) rising with years of service, plus bank holidays
- 8% Pension with NowPensions – (3% Employer & 5% Employee)
- Free parking
- New offices with kitchen and break facilities
- Ongoing support, development and training in line with the needs of the person and the business.
Other discretionary benefits may include:
- Annual financial contribution to wellbeing activity (after 1 year of service)
- Bi-monthly ‘attendance’ prize draws (after 1 year)
- Social committee with organised events and activities
- Annual subsidised company events
- Regular paid for departmental nights out
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead delivery of business unit plans to hit commercial/trading KPIs and targets as agreed with Group Trading Manager – with regular feedback on results of activity, monthly profit-and-loss reporting and detailed commercial analysis as required.
- Hands on leadership of wider trading resource for high quality delivery, management and optimisation of trading activity and programs across all customer touchpoints to grow sales and meet KPIs, including but not limited to:
- Manual email sends (customer and prospect)
- Automated emails
- Ecommerce Merchandising
- Landing Pages
- Online and offline merchandising developments
- Informational and institutional content
- Package inserts and other printed collateral
- Collaborate with Ecommerce Team to proactively utilise and leverage ecommerce functionality for stronger trading, such as CRO testing, on-site pop-up tools, customer insights, digital automation tools and navigation of significant online trading developments, such as generative AI search.
- Collaborate with Data & Analytics Team to strategically leverage prospect, house, and customer data to drive response, acquisition, retention, sales and profitability, finding new data sources as appropriate.
- Hands-on leadership of commercial strategy and activity – spending marketing budget effectively in line with trading strategy and commercial objectives.
- Proactively lead and constantly optimise day to day trading performance and administration for first aid business units, utilising wider resource as required.
- Contribute to the optimisation of all processes and workflows in trading, to deliver maximum added value in the quickest time, including use of AI where appropriate.
- Liaise with Product & Innovation Team, Supply Chain, and Group Buyer on continuous developments such as new product/website launches or alternative product sourcing initiatives, stock management and range architecture.
- Proactively contribute and follow through on ideas for growth Liaise with business development to act on additional commercial opportunities as required.
- Deliver alternative advertising efforts with the CX team, including trade shows and PR.
- Proactively contributing to the improvement and development across day-to-day trading activity and processes to help drive commercial success, expediency, and efficiency.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties, as required by management.
- Management and coaching of Product Marketing Executive(s) within the First Aid team, as well as coaching of Marketing Executives within Marketing Services team, as appropriate.
|Essential / Desirable
|A relevant CIM marketing qualification, marketing degree or equivalent marketing experience.
|Strong commercial drive and ability to consistently recommend and act on new ideas to increase growth across relevant business units and products.
|Ability to devise and deliver product based direct marketing strategies commensurate with KPIs and objectives
|Ability to undertake research and write high quality marketing material.
|Ability to gather, manipulate and analyse data in order to inform decisions.
|Ability to work at pace, under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
|Sound, objective judgement with the confidence to make key commercial decisions and report on results.
|Interpersonal skills and ability to foster strong working relationships, with positive hands-on leadership by example.
|Adaptability and the willingness to be flexible in a dynamic working environment.
|Ability to lead others in maximising value-added output and efficiency
|Strong and positive communication skills.
|Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in delivering work.
|High level of IT proficiency, including MS Office (inc. Excel) and other tools such as Business Objects and Power BI.
|Confidence to report strategically on commercial results and lead commercial debate.
|Experience of managing direct report(s)
|Detailed commercial knowledge of product and direct marketing concepts.
|Relevant, deep knowledge of first aid products and markets.
How to Apply
To apply, send a short covering letter explaining how you meet the essential criteria set out in the person specification and a copy of your CV to email@example.com