Trading Manager (Shelters, Furniture & Safety)
Trading Manager (Shelters, Furniture & Safety)
Reports To: Senior Trading Manager
Hours: Part time (3-4 days) or Full Time Available
Location: Poole, Dorset
About Poole Bay Holdings:
Poole Bay Holdings are a fast-growing, family owned B2B marketer of workplace supplies in the UK, established in 2000. With over 30 market-leading business units across several niches in first aid, medical, hygiene, health & safety, facilities management, signage and outdoor furniture, we competitively market over 20,000 products through catalogues, our own ecommerce sites and various marketplaces. We operate on a UK-wide basis from our offices in sunny Poole, Dorset.
A core part of our mission statement is to ‘create a challenging, rewarding and exciting workplace where our staff can thrive and prosper’.
During the Covid-19 crisis, our business has been able to help keep the UK’s schools, businesses and hospitality establishments supplied with the products they need to meet their Covid-secure obligations. We are now actively searching for more career-driven marketers to join our team and continue to grow our business.
We are an innovative product-driven business for who ‘build, test, learn, improve’ is a way of life and we are looking for a number of senior recruits to invest themselves into our business and proactively drive our marketing and our teams forward.
Our Mission Statement:
- In our business the customer always comes first
- We aim to be an ethical, innovative and technology driven direct marketing company
- We will supply a comprehensive range of competitively priced products, on time every time
- We will create a challenging, rewarding and exciting workplace where our staff can thrive and prosper
- Hybrid working for full time roles
- Bi-Monthly Prize Draws, 12 prizes up to £500 (after 12 months)
- ‘Self-betterment’ scheme of up to £200 per year. Most people use this for heavily discounted gym membership (after 12 months)
- Increasing holiday with time served
- Quarterly paid social nights out
- Training and development opportunities supported and funded
- Birthday cash
- Paid Xmas party, partners included
- Annual paid family BBQ for all staff + families
- Discount on selected internal products/staff orders
- Bi-Monthly Free Lunch Buffets – last Friday of each month
- Cash Prizes For Ideas, Staff Photo Competitions, Staff Newsletter etc.
About The Role:
Responsible for day-to-day commercial activity that influences the profit and loss for the safety and facilities division, this role will proactively and diligently drive marketing and trading across products, pricing, promotions and customers to achieve short and medium term growth in sales and profitability across multiple business units.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Management of day to day marketing/trading activity to deliver on KPIs set by Senior Trading Manager – with monthly profit-and-loss reporting and commercial analysis of activity as required
- Ownership of proactively improving sales, margins and profitability ratios in the Shelters, Furniture & Safety divisions, relative to marketing spend and stock investment
- Proactively driving improvements and managing direct marketing collateral via printed marketing, websites, email marketing, and more to generate greater product sales, quotes and profitability
- Delivering on product led marketing initiatives in conjunction with Product Innovation Team to ensure a steady stream of successful new products being launched
- Working directly with operations to manage and optimise the launch of manufactured products, ongoing product life cycles, pricing and range architecture
- Work with the Group Marketing Manager to continually develop and optimise ecommerce performance for owned business units
- Working with direct marketing teams to optimise online and printed marketing conversion rate, circulation, spend and return
- Analysing response to marketing activity and proposing refinements and improvements as necessary
- Identifying new opportunities and launching new business units within the safety and facilities remit
- Supporting the Senior Trading Manager with sign off, reporting and planning
- Liaising with colleagues managing sales quotes with a view to optimising quote conversion rates
- Day to day management of a team of 3 x junior traders and executives
What Does Success Look Like?
- Continued double digit growth in sales, profitability and customer files for SBUs within the Shelters, Furniture & Safety division
- Improved sales ratios relative to marketing spend and stock levels
- Improved core ecommerce metrics on a growing volume of traffic
- Effective management of existing products and activity, with constant development of successful new things
- New products constantly launched
- Improved volume of quotes and quote conversions for bespoke orders
- Regular and meaningful reporting with proven value-added actions being continually proposed and completed.
- Have a proven track record with at least 3 years in b2b ecommerce and/or product marketing positions
- Have demonstratable experience of proactively initiating and leading product or market led initiatives that generate significant growth in sales and profitability
- Can demonstrate and quantify successful experience of working in ecommerce and/or direct marketing, as well as marketing physical products
- Can demonstrate a strong understanding of the 4 P’s as well as merchandising and core ecommerce metrics
- Have a good of understanding of business, product and customer life cycles
- Possess strong analytical skills and commercial acumen – experience of business analysis to profit-and-loss level is highly desirable
- Are entrepreneurial and curious, with a strong bias for investigation and action
- Have a strong focus on objective figures and results
- Can understand custom and manufactured product processes and workings
- Are highly driven, hungry to succeed and able to work dynamically, with an ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks
- Can communicate proactively and confidently at all levels, from marketing assistant to CEO
- Are willing to get heavily invested in the company and strive to add value like it was your own…
…we would like to hear from you!
- Relevant CIM qualifications and/or a marketing degree is desirable but not essential
Please send your cover letter and CV to David Cole, Senior Trading Manager (David.Cole@poolebayholdings.co.uk) along with:
- A summary of a product-based marketing project(s) you have led or initiated which has generated significant results
- A brief summary of the main ways you feel a b2b direct marketing company can grow sales and profitability
- A screenshot of your results from this personality assessment https://www.gotoquiz.com/six_thinking_hats_jensen_test