Owner of Group Marketplace Performance driving sales and orders through Ecommerce Marketplace Opportunities.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the top b2b vendors on Amazon, with multiple established brands in a rapidly growing area of the marketplace.
With group sales via Amazon having grown well into 7 figures within 2 years through a dynamic and successful combined seller and vendor strategy spanning over 20,000 products, we have further ambitious marketplace growth strategies planned for the right person to drive.
Reporting to the Group Digital Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will have managed large Vendor and Seller catalogues before and will have experience of driving additional growth, finding opportunities, and acting on them quickly. The role is ideal for a positive and dynamic person who can think commercially about how to grow marketplace sales, understands the operational and logistical elements of dealing with Amazon, and is a proactive self-starter who can display initiative and solve problems.
The role is exclusively responsible for the management of day-to-day online marketplace trading including Amazon, eBay and others, however, proactive daily communication and co-ordination with product management, operations, supply chain and the sales department is critical.
Directly managing the Marketplace Executive, the Marketplace Manager will ultimately be responsible for the continued success of a thriving marketing channel for a rapidly growing company.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Taking full ownership of Amazon Vendor and Seller product listings including adding group new products and managing all pricing and merchandising of Amazon listings
- Using Magento ‘M2E’ integration to populate Amazon Seller and eBay store listings
- Managing Amazon case logs to resolve issues regarding fulfilment, barcoding, product/catalogue setup and pricing
- Ownership and development of brand registry
- Working with development and operations departments on implementing new logistical capabilities such as drop ship opportunities
- Arranging regular meetings with our Amazon Vendor Services manager with a view to finding ways to continue to grow and streamline Vendor sales
- Analysing and responding to cost price proposals and bulk order requests
- Managing a six figure marketing budget via Amazon Marketing Services with the Search Marketing Department to promote products via Vendor and Seller channels and grow sales as profitably as possible
- Undertake detailed ongoing analysis of marketplace trends, competitor activity and highlight opportunities for branded campaigns
- Reporting and resolving instances of brand infringement
- Awareness and analysis of marketplace competition
- Work closely with the sales and buying departments with regards to stock forecasts and fulfilment of orders
- Management of other marketplace developments, examples may include selling via eBay, OnBuy, Wayfair etc and potentially implementing FBA or SFP on marketplace orders
- Work with the Group Digital Marketing Manager on development of marketplace strategies
What Success Looks Like:
- An effective and growing area within marketing; run by a communicative manager working closely cross departmentally to always be driving growth to this core channel
- A growing sales funnel prioritizing profitability over volume
- Strong relationships with marketplaces that ensure brand protection for our products and SBUs
- A quick turnaround between new product launch and sales via Amazon and other marketplaces
- A reduction and continued low level of error rates, chargebacks and shortages
- Extensive commercial Amazon Vendor and Seller experience, including brand registry
- Experience of managing a large product catalogue and regularly resolving multiple fulfilment and catalogue queries via case logs at any one time
- Strong analytical and commercial marketplace skills
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office 365 and reporting
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise own workload
- Strong commercial acumen with a demonstrable understanding of margins
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- A solid understanding of barcoding, fulfilment options and ERP systems
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Self-starter and able to take initiative
- Able to work independently but communicate to wider teams
- Please send a cover letter and your CV to Aaron Lockyer at Aaron.Lockyer@poolebayholdings.co.uk