Reports to: Catalogue Design Manager
Location: Poole, Dorset
Benefits: Discounted gym membership, a number of staff incentives after 1 year of service, increasing holiday entitlement, further training opportunities supported.
Please note this role is currently remote working, with a phased return to office from May 2021.
About The Role:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Graphic Designer within one of the UK’s leading Business to Business marketers of Medical, Health & Safety and Facilities management products. Reporting to the Catalogue Design Manager, the successful candidate will work with the Marketing team to produce high impact Direct Marketing material to increase customer response and resultant sales and profitability.
Candidates should have a background in graphic design and experience of using suites of design software including In-Design, Illustrator and Photoshop. Photography experience is desirable as product photography will be a part of this role. Some experience of web design and HTML would also be beneficial but is not essential.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Creation of offline Marketing materials while helping to evolve and implement the groups different brands and design strategy across all customer touch points
- Liaise with Trading team and Supply chain team regarding company branding and create striking designs
- Creation of group advertising, leaflets, and other printed materials
- Research, design and propose cover and layout ideas for catalogues
- Create any other ad hoc design-related work as required
- Liaise with external mailing houses for uploading of catalogue pages
- Responsible for group product photography, ensuring high quality images are achieved
- Ensuring images are ready for web and e-shots for the web design team
- Creating non custom artwork signs/posters/banners for group websites when required
- Creation of artwork for group exhibitions and shows, when needed
- Creation of internal communications
- Group product photography
Skills & Abilities:
- Certified graphic design skills
- Experience in graphic design using the latest packages In-Design, Illustrator and Photoshop is essential
- Some experience of web design and HTML would also be beneficial but is not essential
- Good communicator and team player – able to work with busy colleagues to ensure their input is taken on board and managed effectively
- Multitasking and working well under pressure on multiple projects to tight deadlines
- Photography experience / qualification desirable
- Excellent attention to detail
- Work well under pressure and can handle change effectively and at short notice
- Positive and proactive with a willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability to understand the objective of design in Direct Marketing and how best to communicate key messages
- Please send a cover letter and your CV to Sarah Colbert at Sarah.Colbert@poolebayholdings.co.uk